Sunday, April 4, 2010

Be kind, be selfless.

Two months ago, my best friend died in a fire.

I was told that he would've made it out alive, except he ran back to try save his two-year-old half-sister. They found him holding her, she died in his arms while he was trying to protect her from the flames.

A brother's LGMH
Comments on #50695 (9) - Mar 25, 2010 12:12 AM by Anonymous - Inspiring feats

15 years ago, a wheelchair-bound woman with an incurable illness discovered she was pregnant.

The doctors warned her of the risks she had not only for herself, but for the baby if she did not have an abortion.

Thank you, mom, for taking that giant leap of faith, I love you. You GMH.
Comment on #32299 (3) - Dec 24, 2009 12:59 AM by KM, Ohio - Inspiring feats
My younger siblings asked me to make cookies for their holiday party.

I made cookies, put them in bags, and sent my siblings to school. Later, my dad got a call from a worried parent who had seen them leave school in the wrong direction.

They were leaving all of the cookies outside of the homeless shelter.

These children GMH.
Comment on #46939 (1) - Feb 26, 2010 10:02 AM by Anonymous - Cute kids
My dad would always start out conversations with''Do you have a girlfriend yet?''

After laughing and saying no hundreds of times I finally found the courage to tell him I was gay. After a long silence and a stressed out face or two, he calmy said, "Oh. Well.... Do you have a boyfriend yet?"

His fair love GMH.
Comment on #47208 (6) - Feb 27, 2010 07:11 PM by masonsoto - Inspiring feats
About a year before my dog died, he started to go blind.

When my cat realized this, she began helping him find his way by rubbing against his legs, running ahead of him, and meowing loudly so he could follow the sound of her voice.

The love pets have not just for people but for each other GMH.
Comment on #45832 (7) - Feb 20, 2010 01:20 PM by Chelsea - Amazing friends


These are some short stories I took from GivesMeHope (GMH) which is a site where the opposite of FML stories are being shared.

GMH is just the opposite of the infamous overrated FML that everyone has been using but GMH? I don't see anyone I know actually pay attention to something like that not to say using it.

GMH is something that most people did not manage to realise.


Human is just so used to being oblivious to positive things around us and not being appreciating enough.

I wouldn't deny that I am one of those, too.



But why am I there in the site of GMH in the first place?

Because I am not feeling the best of ma mood tonight and I didn't know what to do.

I didn't want to start being emo in ma blog and write emo post like ma life sucks so much with so many FML in it.


It doesn't work that way.

Though I used to have loads of emo posts and all, but I don't like posting negative, emo blogpost anymore.


Hence I ended up in GMH site because ma life is not that bad compare to most people, can't even be considered bad especially compare to the more unfortunate one.

Definitely not using them to make maself feel better but GMH makes me realised that there is still hopes existing around us in this world.


Kindness and selflessness of families, friends and even strangers.

How often do you see those in our lives anymore.



It just reminds me of how I used to believe in hopes, kindness and selflessness when I was a kid.

When I have yet to be exposed to the outside world, when I have yet to be brainwashed by parents that we shouldn't do good deed in case of being taken advantage of or being cheated of.


Its something so precious that I don't own anymore.

It just make me realised that hope is not there for me anymore, there isn't any hope existing for me anymore.

Just because adults decided to banish them for me, I have grown to be this person who doesn't believe in hope.


Kindness and selflessness especially to strangers are made a big No No in ma world today.

That is a lesson taught by the adults, also the lesson that took away my hope.


That also means that I couldn't and wouldn't bring any hope to people who come across ma life.

And I wouldn't be this person who GMH to anyone in ma life.



If I have a choice, I would choose to believe in kindness and selflessness.

I would choose not to believe in selfishness.


And yes, I do have a choice.

But a tough choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam. Spam will not be treated kindly.