Friday, February 4, 2011

Gong Hei Fatt Choi!


Gong Hei Fatt Choi!

Happy Bunny New Year to all my blog readers and family.


Paiseh for the late greetings as its already the second day of CNY.
Was busy during pre-CNY, hence there's no time to prepare a photo and blog.

Still, CNY is supposed to be 15 days long so I still make it, didn't I?


By the way, if you are wondering why is there Hanguk in the photo, you should know I am a little bit obsessed with Korea right now.

Also, now only I realised Korean celebrates Lunar New Year, too, as Seollal.
So the greetings would be Saehae bok mani badeuseyo!

It means something like Gong Hei Fatt Choi in Hanguk also.


So how's this CNY treating you?

I have mine helping my Mom in the market during the few days before CNY, and then the usual CNY eve of reunion lunch with foster family and then reunion dinner at Granny's house.

First day of CNY, the usual New Year breakfast at my Granny's as well, bai nian with my Nanny only because my foster Mom have to work and then mini gathering at night with the NS gang.

Now second day, no plan! Sleep as much as possible, I am sleep deprived! And bug my Mom as much as possible. lol

Tomorrow will be the day to prepare for a big dinner because it's gonna be another big reunion dinner at my house. Cousins all came back from everywhere, anywhere!

Then one more reunion lunch with the foster family since my foster uncle and wife just came back from Johor, then guess life would be back to normal.


This is definitely an awesome CNY, spending so much time with family.

Though I barely meet much of my friends or any gathering, guess it's alright since everyone is busy with their own family.

I am not exactly a fans of bai nian.
I know it's a tradition but it makes me feel like I am knocking on people's door to purposely ask for angpao.

So paiseh for me to do so, so most the time I rarely bai nian other than my foster family that I will visit.
Or unless friends ask me to join or stuff which rarely happens, too.


Anyway, on CNY eve after reunion dinner, my parents brought me, my niece and nephew to Tow Boh Keong Temple.

There's some prayers, lion and dragon dance, fire crackers and most important is the God of Wealth.

Managed to catch a few photos. Enjoy!





For more CNY photos, proceed to the CNY photo album in Facebook here.

1 comment:

Nigel Foong said...

Gong hei fatt choy to Stella. It's never too late to wish now. Prosperous year ahead!

Post a Comment

No spam. Spam will not be treated kindly.