Friday, January 6, 2012

Diploma Convocation

Many of you might not have know that I have actually graduated once even though I am currently still a student. I have graduated from my Diploma course back in Ipoh approximately one year ago and only two months ago we had our convocation.

I thought I would not have attend at first when I first graduated because to be honest, I am never exactly close with my coursemates back in Ipoh. We were mostly hi and bye friends and we don't normally hangout. But after I graduated (I left the college one semester earlier as I have tried to rush through my course without delaying my advanced transfer in my current university), I managed to keep in touch with one my coursemates of whom has always been great to talk to.

Hence, with her persuasion, I attended my own convocation.
Surprisingly, it was fun to see everyone again after almost a year. It seems like everyone seems to grow up compare to those time we spent in the college. Mostly have stepped into the working world now no matter some still stayed back in Ipoh while some have moved to KL just like I did. I guess I might the only one who is still holding the student status.

The most funniest thing is when how those lecturers who used to teach us or even those who have seen us around college look at us in different light. Some told us, that they are happy we have finally graduated, some told us we have changed so much compare to back then. I guess I agree much.
For the convocation, I did not invite anyone but my bestie, Bell and since Kei is a friend of one of my coursemates as well, so I sort of gave her a call. But she is so lovely, she brought me flowers! I guess I didn't give it much thought until she gave me the flowers that I was so happy and that I did not expected to be receiving flowers. The attendance of both of them were enough to make my day.

While I was very grateful to have the chance to meet everyone again, I wonder when will be the next time we would meet. When I did not have my convocation right after I graduated, this event has marked all that I have gone through throughout the year until I went back to Ipoh for the convocation. It made me feel that I have been through so many things in the past year.

Well, this is my first convocation and I guess it would not be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam. Spam will not be treated kindly.