Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Zakka Loft Visit

I am sure a lot of you have heard about Pipit Zakka store in SS2, PJ but I never knew there's a Zakka Loft in Ipoh. Until one day I stumbled upon it in a food blog. Weird, I know. A craft store reviewed by a food blogger.

Found out it's not just a handmade and craft store but it's a combination of craft store and a cafe. They serve dessert there and you can browse through their display crafts at the same time. Since it is quite interesting to have such store in Ipoh, I decided to pay it a visit with Eugene babe. I heard that I was opened about a year plus ago. Guess I'm just a slowpoke.
Honestly the intention of my visit is obviously not to try their dessert but I was just interested to pay a visit to the little craft store in Ipoh and also to take some photos for my blog. I always find all these craft items are so photogenic and always lovely to be shot.

So with my clear intention, I brought my weapons all ready and fully charged to take all the photos that I have been been taking. I got a few stares from the customers there but I thought it is a pretty common sight for random people to take photos around using a DSLR. I wonder what is there to stare anymore.

Funny thing, I didn't know a friend walked in and sat at a table behind mine until I saw his Foursquare check-in notification on my phone. Then I realized he was there all the while I was prancing around taking photos of the store and the displays. Kind of embarrassing if you would allow me to say. I normally don't do this when there's people who knows me around.
All in all, I think that the store is kind of good for photograph and I've heard that people do go there for wedding photographs as well. But other than that, I think the crafts for sale are the usual one you can find in a handmade and craft bazaar or the like.

While the food is nothing impressive as we tried this Oreo cake and it was a total let down. It's too creamy and maybe because I don't like sponge cake hence it's definitely on my dislike list. Eugene babe agrees with me though. Maybe it's the two of us, maybe it's just the food.
We did hang around for about two hours before we left. Had a drink and the cake, talked a little bit, took a lot of photos and we actually bought some stuff. I bought this canvas bag which is huge enough to fit my A3 size sketch book and it cost me RM26. I think the price is alright for such a huge bag and totally not overpriced.

All other items pricing are quite reasonable in my opinion, they are not exactly expensive but it is handmade craft anyway, so there's this certain price standard to it.

The store is actually very small with only about five tables and quite packed. Plus we went on Sunday, so I guess that's why there's quite a number of people who went there. It was still fine when we walked in but after a while, more people came pouring in and there's no more empty table left which was one of the reason why we left. Kinda feel bad hogging the table for two hours I guess.

Anyway, for more photos of Zakka Loft, proceed [here].


ZAKKA LOFT
No 2, Jalan Medan Ipoh 1C, Medan Ipoh Bistari,
31400 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Tel No: +6012-480 3591 (Chloe), +6013-488 8503 (Jean)
Business Hours: 11am – 9pm, Closed on Mondays
GPS Coordinates: 4.618026,101.117604
Website: www.zakkaloft.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/zakkaloft
Opposite of Fu Tien Vegetarian Restaurant, Mokuren and Michelangelo’s Pizzeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam. Spam will not be treated kindly.