Wednesday, June 26, 2013

JJ Lifestyle Cafe, Ipoh

There isn't much lifestyle cafe in Ipoh, at least not really good one. Surprisingly the previous trip that I went back to Ipoh, my friend brought me to this new place. I'm not sure how new it is but I think it's quite new considering that it seems like not many who know about it.

I was a little skeptical due to it's location because it is located at the shop row where my former college is. It's not exactly a busy location especially on the weekend, in fact it used to be really quiet. It's located at Jalan Raja Permaisuri Bainun; formerly known as Jalan Kampar at the shop row opposite the AMC High School.

We went there on a Sunday and I did not expect it to be so fully packed at 3pm. Most seats are taken with customers of all ages. I think it's gonna get really popular soon since this is really a good place. I'm sorry I didn't get to take much pictures around the place because I'm uncomfortable with too many people there.

That's basically how it looks like from the picture above with a few others quirky decorations here and there. The menu is written on the blackboard behind the counter while cakes and pastry are displayed at the counter. From what I remember, they only offer some sandwiches or burgers, cakes and some pastries. I think their menu changes everyday.
We ordered two slices of cakes to try and normally I would not expect the food to taste good at such kind of cafe. Yet, surprisingly (I think there's a lot of surprising event in this post) the cakes taste good. Especially the crepe cake. I think it's called the signature crepe cake or something and it has nuts inside. I'm normally not a fan of nuts and also crepe cake but this really taste good. I'll put it on the must-try list for everyone of you.

We have only stayed there for a short while as the shop is too packed and it was a little difficult for us to talk. I would like it better if the crowd ain't that huge and loud but can't deny that it's a nice place to drop by and hang out. My post ain't doing them justice because I did not get pictures of the whole ambience of the shop, but trust my words, it's a nice place especially for one that is located in Ipoh.

Also, I couldn't find much information regarding JJ Lifestyle Cafe from the internet. They did not have any website nor Facebook page. Here is all the information that I can find, do drop by if anyone of you are from Ipoh or going on a trip there.


JJ Lifestyle Cafe
116, Jalan Raja Permaisuri Bainun,
30250 Ipoh.
016 547 0708

Operating Hours:
Monday - Sunday
8.30am - 6.30pm

5 comments:

JJ Cafe said...

We are pleased that your 'surprises' here are happy ones. Do come by in the morning next time, less packed. Thank you so much for your kind words and lovely compliments. You've encouraged us to do better.

Anonymous said...

Do u hv breakfast meal?

Anonymous said...

Do you open during public holidays like Hari Raya ?

Stella' Lexy said...

Hi, I think they do. Drop the question at https://www.facebook.com/jjlifestylecafe :)

Stella' Lexy said...

Do drop the question at https://www.facebook.com/jjlifestylecafe :)

Post a Comment

No spam. Spam will not be treated kindly.